Thursday, August 23, 2012

Very Disappointing Week

This week has I have to admit been the worse in a while. I equal it to the days of despair over losing Alek.   We were so close to being at the end of our journey and then the brakes got slammed and we hit the proverbial brick wall. Our immigration officer decided to request more evidence for our I-800. This is a big step in our adoption and to get this from this guy has stopped everything. Our little man's initial diagnosis made his medical condition look serious but since then they have called him just delayed. My little peanut was a premie so of course he is going to be delayed.  We are now having to update our home study to include the word "serious". One word that is keeping us from going to get Dane in the next 8 weeks. I don't use the word heartless lightly when I refer to our immigration officer. He is subjecting our son to several more months without his family.  We can only pray that we see him before the end of the year. I spent the first part of the week crying and now I am just nervous and very angry with the situation.  I feel like an evil force does not want us to give another child a family. I feel like if it is going to happen, it will happen to us. My agency said they haven't had this happen before. There is that evil force I was talking about.  I guess so much for my little boy coming home before Thanksgiving or maybe even Christmas.  Are we ever going to get a break???  If I didn't love that little face so much, I would have quit Monday when I found out what we were not approved.  We got the above picture the day we got the RFE.  My heart cannot take much more.

4 comments:

Emily said...

i am so sorry:( i totally understand how frustrating and disheartening this is- i pray the delay is so short and that it's made up somehow in the rest of your wait:(

Betsy said...

I am so sorry :( It just always seems like one thing after another for you guys and I hate that. Will be praying that there is not much of a delay and trusting that when you DO bring Dane home the timing will all make sense in hindsight. Hugs to you.

Gail Simonton said...

Hang in there...we worked with CCAI as well and our social worker had to add a few words. We had a very good person to work with and she did what she could do to rush it through their office...it was not that much of a delay...the best to you...I believe you will hold you little guy soon....just trust in this system...it has worked for 10,000 kids through CCAI...that's what I kept reminding myself! I would just call every step to make sure what is supposed to be getting done, does. That did help.

Jessie said...

Ack, I am sorry to read this. I too am trying to bring home a precious boy (my 3rd child from China) and was also asked to provide more information. I really, really feel your pain. Hang in there, that's all we can do! ~nancy