Monday, September 15, 2008

3 Weeks until the Beach

Yippee! The countdown has begun until we take Miss Lindze to the beach. I wish we could be gone longer than 3 days but I am saving up vacation time in order to get paid for at least 3 of my 8 weeks of maternity leave with Little Man. We have not heard much of anything on the adoption front. Actually I don't think anyone is hearing much of anything right now. It is sort of like no ones dossier is getting processed in Kyrgyzstan at the present time. Anyway B is going to see her little boy in October and I am so hoping she can get updated pictures of our sweet boy. The last set we got was almost a month ago so I am looking forward to seeing how much he has grown.
We are almost finished setting up Little Mans room. I am waiting and have been waiting for Tom to hang a few pictures and then I just need to do a little bit of organizing. We have another baby shower next week so I guess I will have a few more things to put up after that and then his room should be set. I have cautioned people about getting him clothes because we do not know when he is coming home. I should talk after buying him like 10 outfits at the consignment sale last week but how could I resist when some of those outfits still had the original sales tag on them. I had decided unless I was taking him to church in his pj's that I probably needed to pick him up some cute dress outfits.
Anyway life is moving right along aroung here. Lindze has started dance class and of course she is totally loving it. It only lasts 6 weeks at a time and I have promised her that after her brother gets here, we will look into taking the year long dance class if she wants. She is really looking forward to her little brother coming home. Every night when she goes to bed, she always includes him in her bedtime prayer. I think she is going to make a great big sister. We have already bought them matching Christmas outfits and I cannot wait to get their picture taken together.
Well 4 more hours until my 3 day stretch at work is over and I can finally enjoy a good nights sleep and get back to my daily ritual of bothering J at our agency. Hoping and praying for the wellbeing of my son and all of those out there who are also waiting. Keep those candles lit!

2 comments:

Beth said...

yay the beach sounds fun. I am counting the days to the trip. Let me know your little one's name so I can beg to take pics.

Beth said...

Christina, I found his name on the group.. :) I will see what I can do. I hope you hear soon about trip 2 to bring little man home.